[TowerTalk] Taking down a tri-ex LM354

Chris EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Mon Jun 9 11:12:30 EDT 2014

I've done the winch over the house trick with rollers, and that worked well.

Recently I built my own tilt-over fixture to raise my current tower.  It was made out of four 4x4 posts.  Two were upright and fastened to the tower baseplate, and two 16'ers diagonally from the top of the two vertical posts to out in front of the tower.  It looked like a giant grasshopper.  I used a  K2550 winch with a hand crank to raise it, with a 2;1 block and tackle at the tower.  It looked horrible (really a quick 'n dirty cobbled together job) but worked well.

Chris
KF7P