[TowerTalk] 10 throu 20 beam traps or no traps

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jun 20 00:04:45 EDT 2014

On 6/19/2014 6:29 PM, Ed Stallman wrote:
> If I knew the traps, Gain and pattern were all good, I would go with
> the Mosley ..My Budget is around $2,600 USD and I want to make the
> correct decision.

If I were buying an antenna for these bands, my first choices would
include a 4-el straight SteppIR (no trombones) or one of N6BT's
excellent tribanders.

If you've been reading this reflector very long, you will have seen MANY
strong recommendations that you buy and study the report documenting the
testing of a dozen or so tribanders by N0AX and K7LXC. Last I looked,
about $25. Also, buy N6BT's "Array of Light" is worthy of your study.

N0AX is editor of the ARRL Handbook and ARRL Antenna Book, and K7LXC is
a veteran tower installer and climber. A few bucks spent on these
publications will likely save you thousands of of dollars spent on an
inferior antenna.

73, Jim K9YC