[TowerTalk] LMR 400

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Mar 16 01:46:47 EDT 2014

On 3/15/2014 9:46 PM, Wayne Kline wrote:
> Other then saying it's  not made in this here US of A  ... any  negative feedback as compared  to Times ? brand ( US made I se on Google search .

Times is one of several high quality cable manufacturers, the others
being Belden, and Commscope. Building high quality coax requires
experience, skill, and serious quality control. Davis RF sells a very
nice coax called Bury Flex that they have made to their spec, and it's
highly regards.  I'd think pretty hard about straying beyond those products.

For more on this, study k9yc.com/Coax-Stubs.pdf

Finally, for only 88 ft at 50 MHz, you don't need to go nuts. At 50 MHz,
it's all copper loss, so you want a big center conductor and a beefy
copper braid. Look for good quality stuff from a quality vendor, and buy
a coax these properties. See the table in the link above.

73, Jim K9YC