[TowerTalk] HFTA and Delta loop

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Mar 16 13:09:10 EDT 2014

Hi Vytenis,

Some important facts about HFTA.

1) It only predicts the behavior of HORIZONTALLY polarized antennas
Delta loops can be built so that they are vertically or horizontally
polarized.

2) There are no "antenna files" for HFTA. The difference between one
antenna and another in HFTA is simply gain.

3) The most difficult part of using HFTA is finding terrain data for
your QTH and importing it into the program.

4) To predict how well HFTA will work for any given path, you need
historical statistical data for that path. The only sources I know of
are the ARRL Antenna Book and from N6BV, who wrote HFTA.

73, Jim K9YC