[TowerTalk] KT36 Balun

Jon Pearl - W4ABC jonpearl at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 1 12:26:03 EDT 2014

Hi Ty,

I just happen to have a KT-36XA balun and balun straps for you to
peruse.  These straps are not plated.  They're bare aluminum -
presumable T6-6061.  These articles are from a NIB KT-36XA that was
excess to a GA ham.  I bought it a couple of years ago, so the antenna
is probably 4-5 years old.  Hopefully the picture is an accurate
representation of what M2 is producing now.

http://www.w4abc.com/kt-36xabalun.html

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com

On 4/28/2014 10:34 AM, k3mm at verizon.net wrote:
>   I've never had a tubular KLM 4:1 balun from my KT34xa's go bad and mine are 20+ years old.  Obviously not an unreliable implementation, although the plated mounting clip used to rust out!  Dont know what the M2 version looks like...
>
> I'm not a big fan of the packaging of those I see on the balundesign website.  Since the design is significantly different, I'd be curious if it changed the tuning/match on a KT34/6 and how best to mount the box on the boom.
>
> Ty K3MM

---