[TowerTalk] Wired Anemometer for Tower?

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri May 2 00:26:59 EDT 2014

On 4/30/2014 7:40 PM, Bill Parry wrote:
> I think that anemometers are an interesting topic but it appears this one
> has been beat to death and I'm not sure why this is even a topic for TT. Is
> it because it is attached to a ham radio tower?  If so maybe we need to
> discuss the "ins and outs" of the flag I hang on my tower on 4th of July.
> (Incidentally I have an anemometer on my tower too.)
>
> I haven't gotten any raunchy pictures yet from TT but this will be my test.

Lotsa reasons, Just weather, wind for your area, storm chasers, just cuz
we can, calculate the stress on the tower for the antennas you have.  'd
like to know how much reserve I have. Wind took down tree to the East of
me...just curious (and happy) I didn't lose anything)

Claim you're rich! It might help...maybe?

Good Luck...and you ain't missed much

73

Roger (K8RI)