[TowerTalk] Cadweld vs other welds or brazing

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sat May 3 10:09:13 EDT 2014

If you get really uptight about your connections consider this... The
proscription against welding the rebar is a rebar strength issue.  Just
extend the rebar a bit past its "standard planned length" and weld to
the extension which is not involved in the design of the cage.  I have
welded stainless steel tabs to steel with ease.  Then I could use SS
bolts to secure copper ground strap and not get the corrosion I would
expect with plain steel.  The forgoing  will work but as Jim L says, it
may not make much of an improvement.
When in doubt I typically opt for the more is better approach.

Patrick NJ5G