[TowerTalk] XM240 element lenght question

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sun May 4 17:39:37 EDT 2014

I have a 30 year old 402CD and I set it for what at that time was mid range
at 7150.  He is what the SWR is now after replacing capacity hats on the
drivern element.

7.025   1.7
7.100   1.5
7.150   1.2
7.200   1.4
7.250   1.6
7.295   1.9

I use the coax coil balun suggested by Cushcraft  at the time.  I have a
brand new RG213 to my coax switch and 9913 to the shack.  I do not hit 1.1
anyplace and a reading on the MFJ 259B confirms the swr curve except at the
top of the band where I get just over 2.1.  I have no problem getting full
output from a Yaesu FT-1000MP MK V on all frequencies.   Height is 86 feet.

73 Dave K4JRB