[TowerTalk] Buring Bury-Flex

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Fri May 9 15:00:32 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am running Davis Bury-Flex out to a new 40M vertical in my back yard.  (Maine coast.)  As it is going across gravel walkways and near garden beds, and will not be that far below ground level, I am worried about it getting cut or nicked in the future from yard work, etc.

My plan is to use 1” sched 40 PVC conduit – the gray stuff – for protection.  (I will not be adding additional coax, wires, etc., ever, so this should be big enough.)

My Concern:  the conduit will obviously become full of water – will freeze cycles and the expansion of ice inside the conduit compress and therefore damage the  Bury-Flex in any way?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ