[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800sdx rotor pinout

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Thu May 22 11:05:52 EDT 2014

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 5/22/2014 2:47 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
> My manual shows a 7-pin connector with 6 wires used.  Each pin goes to
> the corresponding number on the controller input.  Pins 4 and 5 are
> the motor.  Pin 3 is ground and one end of the pot.  Pin 2 is the
> wiper of the pot. Pin 1 is the other end of it. Pin 6 goes to pin 6 on
> the controller, but the schematic shows it not connected to anything
> on the rotor end
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR

REPLY:

Are you sure we are talking about the same model? My manual for the SDX
series shows only a 6 pin connector, while the DXA series uses a 7 pin
connector. From the outside they look very similar and it would be easy
to confuse the two.

Also, the DXA manual shows the wiring inside the motor housing, whereas
the SDX manual does not. I think that's why Tom posted the question in
the first place, for which I do not have an answer.

73, Bill W6WRT
dezrat at outlook.com