[TowerTalk] Tail Twister Question

Mike Fahmie via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Tue May 27 19:26:30 EDT 2014

Is it safe to operate the TX2 while it is laying on its side ?

I don't find anything in the manual EXCEPT for this step in the CHECK OUT section:

D. With the rotator sitting in the upright position
and connected to the control unit by the 8-
wire cable, plug the control unit power cord
into a receptacle.

That statement raised my caution flags.  The rotor is mounted in the tower and the tower is tilted down to horizontal.  I'd like to run it briefly to check things out before I hand crank it vertical.

-Mike-
WA6ZTY