[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Terminate braid at top of tower...or not?

Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Sun Nov 2 19:48:28 EST 2014

Sorry Jim,

You are right about the generated heat. I was more thinking about it from an electrical point-of-view.

Connecting the shields on each side of the choke with each other will defeat the purpose of the choke. That's what I was pointing out.

Putting the choke inside a metal box would be OK provided the box is large enough (to be able to conduct generated heat to the outside) or ventilated (although not to allow rain, snow and insects to get inside.

Hans - N2JFS