[TowerTalk] RMC-1000 remote - what type of cable to run?

Martin A Flynn maflynn at theflynn.org
Thu Nov 6 21:30:23 EST 2014

On 11/6/2014 6:28 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> On Thu,11/6/2014 11:55 AM, Howard W6HDG wrote:
>> I then emailed him again and double checked that it could run in the
>> same conduit with coax and rotor cables and he replied,  "Yes, as I
>> said, it would be off while transmissions/radio operation ".
>
> Sorry, that's a wrong answer. If the cables carry 120VAC, they MUST
> NOT be in the same conduit with low voltage wiring. As I recall, the
> break point is something like 48V.

It's allowed by code:

300.3(C) Conductors of Different Systems.
(1) 600 Volts, Nominal, or Less. Conductors of circuits rated 600 volts,
nominal, or less, ac circuits, and dc circuits shall be permitted to
occupy the same equipment wiring enclosure, cable, or raceway. All
conductors shall have an insulation rating equal to at least the maximum
circuit voltage applied to any conductor within the enclosure, cable, or
raceway.

Exception: For solar photovoltaic systems in accordance with 690.4(B).

FPN: See 725.55(A) for Class 2 and Class 3 circuit conductors.