[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 difference from G-1000

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Thu Nov 6 18:35:28 EST 2014

Tim:

For what it's worth, I lost two G-1000 rotors to wind storms. My 5
element, 20 meter mono band Yagi and a 3 element SteppIR, which are
mounted 12 feet apart on the same mast, were too much load for the 1000.
I replaced the rotor with a Yaesu 2800 some time ago and it has held up
just fine.

The attached image shows the broken planetary gear housing of one of the
failed G-1000 rotators.

Tony -K2MO