[TowerTalk] suggested mast length for MA-770MDP?

Howard W6HDG W6HDG at arrl.net
Fri Nov 7 11:05:24 EST 2014

I know that I need a 2"OD mast for the MA770 that I have on
order.  I'm trying to decide on the length of mast that I need to
order.  The tower spec sheets are skimpy on how the round mast fits
to the square top section of the tower.  Can someone please describe
the attachment method?  In other words, if I purchase the 5 foot
mast, can I fit 2 feet down into the square section or is there a
hard stop that would prevent this?  I want about 3 feet sticking up
for my Steppir DB18.

Thanks to the group for all the help.  Howard W6HDG