[TowerTalk] GE HV silicone spray ?

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sat Nov 8 09:36:26 EST 2014

Are we boycotting Glyptal??  Spun off from GE in 1985 it is widely
available.  I used to buy it in small bottles with a brush in the cap as
sold by GC (General Cement?) back in the early 70's.  It has good dielectric
properties and was used by TV techs on the CRT high voltage ckts.  I used it
for its waterproofing and adhesive qualities as well as its dielectric
properties and UV+visible light opacity. (Developed dual beam ultra-violet
spectrophotometers used for blood analysis.)

It is still available.  I'm not sure but I think there may be different
formulations so go for electronic application type if given a choice.  I
know Glyptal is also used to seal engine blocks but I don't know if it is
the same formulation.

Try it, you'll like it.

73,

Patrick NJ5G