[TowerTalk] RCS4 Antenna Switch - Noise

K0YR k0yr at tomrieff.com
Mon Nov 24 14:58:07 EST 2014

TT,
I inherited a RCS4 Antenna Switch from an estate.
When first installed it generated noise when using the 1,2 or 3 switch
positions. The default is #4.
Did some Google'ing and found discussion about corrosion on the SO239's
mounted to the base plate.
Ran a ground wire across the SO239's to the circuit board. Cleaned up
some of the other connections.
All seemed well and much improved. This past weekend the noise returned
and was sometimes intermittent.
Switch is located about 450 feet out at the towers. Fed with 7/8 hardline.
This unit was manufactured in 1992, so could be anything.
Any thoughts on what I may be missing or failing in the switch to
eliminate the noise.
Tom, K0YR