[TowerTalk] RCS4 Antenna Switch - Noise

Ron W8RJL youngron at verizon.net
Mon Nov 24 15:29:37 EST 2014

Tom,
I think it is better to drill out the steel rivits and install SS bolts,
nuts and tooth washers (all stainless) than just solder a wire between all
SO-239's. If not you still have a corroded connection which in some
situations can produce problems. How do you know the noise is from the
switch? does it go away when you remove power to the switch control box?
There are diodes involved in the switching scheme, you might replace those
as they are cheap. 73, Ron W8RJL