[TowerTalk] RCS4 Antenna Switch - Noise

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Nov 24 20:07:36 EST 2014

On 11/24/2014 3:29 PM, Ron W8RJL wrote:

IIRC Mine had Aluminum Rivets.  They are also hard wired. No decoding
required.  Over the years, I've had to rebuild them a couple of times
because of corrosion of the UHF connectors.   I prefer to keep
electronics off the tower because of so many lightening strokes.

OTOH  I'm going wireless because of running wires between two buildings
with separate electrical feeds  Is a bit hard on the network because of
lightening. That and wireless is finally getting up to a decent speed.
It's 130 feet from the computers in the shop to the network switch, or
260 feet round trip..  Backing up to the new USB 3 drives at the
computer takes 3 to 4 hours. Doing it via the Gigabit network is just
shy of 24 hours.  Those long runs sure slow it down.

73

Roger (K8RI)