[TowerTalk] Tower heights near private airfields

caraj at cox.net caraj at cox.net
Sat Oct 4 22:46:09 EDT 2014

Mike:
Google K1VR. He has a web site and wrote “Antenna Zoning for the Radio
Amateur". He's the country's amateur Radio zoning lawyer.
E-mail if necessary. E-ham web site should have discussed your question.

73,
John, K2SFS

---- Mike & Becca Krzystyniak <k9mk at flash.net> wrote:

Hi guys,

    Looking at a new QTH. It turns out that the neightbor to my east is a pilot and flies on occasion from his 2000' long driveway/runway that runs north and south.  My property would be parallel to the runway but not off either end.  I was searching the web trying to find something on whether a private airfiled (driveway) is an airport, and/or would I need to follow the FAA notification policy assuming he has somekind of a structure height football surrounding his place.  Has anyone dealt with this one already that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

73   Mike K9MK