[TowerTalk] Apartment Antenna Ideas Needed

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Oct 12 23:33:48 EDT 2014

On Sun,10/12/2014 5:12 PM, Dave Tipton, W5DMT wrote:
> I'm open to any all suggestions, short of anything that involves more than a
> screwdriver.

The R7/R9 series antennas tested well in the N0AX/K7LXC round of
vertical antenna tests about 15 years ago. Other ideas --
k9yc.com/publish.htm  Look especially at the one about mounting height
of HF verticals, and Antenna Planning for Limited Spaces. I agree that
resonant wire dipoles are always a good option if you have suitable
skyhooks, and you really want a dipole to work those 75M nets.

73, Jim K9YC