[TowerTalk] Stacking a 2L 40M and Tribander

Big Don bigdon39 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 20:15:26 EDT 2014

We have essentially this setup, tribander on top at 82' ( 34XA, 68 lb, 9
ft2 ) -  2el 40 at 70' ( CC402CD 44 lb, 6 ft2 ),
on a guyed tower.  Been up over 20 years and works fine.

The reasoning was, one of the antennas was definitely going on a sidemount
so we wouldn't have a long mast and maintainability hassles servicing
antennas and rotators if needed, Separate rotation of antennas is also nice
The 40 was the lightest and least wind load, so it went on the sidemount.
Ability to rotate individual antennas allows one to see whether or not
there is interaction between antennas (turned out to be insignificant in
our installation)

Everything is easily accessible and removable/replaceable.for servicing, if
needed, no lifting/dropping of the mast or sliding up/down of antennas
required - conveniences increasingly appreciated as geriatrics set in. The
antennas foto on QRZ has high resolution and can be inspected closely by
zooming the browser (CTRL-Z with Chrome).

Between the two beams, a fixed one-element 30m dipole @ 76' was added 10
yrs ago.

73,  Don  N7EF