[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Guyed + self supporting /2 ??

Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Sun Oct 19 14:49:16 EDT 2014

Rich,

I used/use falling derrick when I install tower both for field-days and when installing the permanent tower I have at home.

Beside using an A-frame type derrick I am using four guy wires equally distributed around the towers. I would not install tower with only three wires as that can lead to stability problems during the raising of the tower.

With four guy wires you can keep the two on the sides in tension. The guy wire on the opposite side of the winch should be adjusted just to go into tension at the "flipping point". Then you have no problems with violent events even for a single operator.

Best 73 de,

Hans - N2JFS