[TowerTalk] tower painting

Dan Cisson n4gnr at windstream.net
Mon Oct 27 20:37:26 EDT 2014

Its true, to start at the top of the tower, and what I did was paint the
international orange one day, and 2 days later paint the white....most
towers are 7 equal bands of color,, starting in international orange at the
tower base,, and ending in orange at the top,, 3 bands of white in between.
  One very interesting thing, I am sure that others that have painted a lot
have had this happen---when a radio station has FM bays at the top,, and
they go down to their low power level,, when working in that RF field around
the bays,,everything metallic gets warm or hot that you have on you...the
paint bucket handle,, your belt buckle, zipper, safety belt parts,, I had a
pocket knife in my pocket-it got warm.
  I painted with a mitt just as some others have said...It takes a couple
days typically to get a tower prepped and ready to paint ....73,, Dan N4GNR