[TowerTalk] Challenging Grounding/Bonding Situation ?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Sep 12 21:29:43 EDT 2014

On Fri,9/12/2014 6:00 PM, Bill Turner wrote:
> Imagine something like a washing machine where the neutral is
> connected to the frame and down the line the neutral opens up. Now the
> frame has the full "hot" voltage on it. The next person to do a load
> will be lucky if they live.

But that's a false argument, Bill, because, as you noted, it is illegal
to use the green wire to carry load current, and it's illegal to connect
neutral to ground at any point but the service entrance. And also
because all wiring within my buildings, and in the similar system I
described to Shawn, DOES include both neutral and ground conductors.
I've been through that in both of my buildings, making sure that there
are no such improperly connected loads.

73, Jim K9YC