[TowerTalk] aluminum tube and pipe

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Wed Sep 17 13:41:01 EDT 2014

I have been wary of ordering tubing from McMaster-carr or many of the other industrial places... if you look you will see that they don't specify that the tubing is seamless, it is also not one of the common antenna tempers like t6 or t832.  they also only have 6' lengths listed unless longer stuff is elsewhere.  I prefer to go to a supplier like marmon-keystone:

https://www.marmonkeystone.com/ecomm/servlet/ProductSearchServlet?producttypeid=1&producttype=alumseamless#top

if you use their search app you can see that they break down tubing by welded or seamless and its all t6.  they also have longer lengths, up to 24' I think for aluminum... and at least they used to have free delivery at least in some areas.  and they offer services like swaging, though I have never used them for that.