[TowerTalk] Fwd: Sad day - W9ZUC tower accident

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Sep 17 23:56:41 EDT 2014

On 9/17/2014 11:02 PM, Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk wrote:

When spraying for mosquitoes (treated ground up corncobs) I've seen them
go around my 100' tower with the wingtips only 30 feet or so, out and
lower than the top antennas.

Towers are really difficult to see, particularly the typical wind
sampling towers around here. They are guyed and no larger than a 25 or
45G. With the sun any where behind within say 30 degrees either side
from half, or a quarter mile the tower become invisible.

I usually stop by at the staging area to make sure they know it's there.
Even if the don't pay attention, it's a CYA.

73

Roger (K8RI)