[TowerTalk] Sad day - W9ZUC tower accident

W3YY w3yy at cox.net
Mon Sep 22 20:42:24 EDT 2014

Doug -

Anybody can free climb.  Nothing special or macho about that.  But it's not
the safe approach.  It's like saying "I've been texting while driving and
have never gotten into an accident"!

Ironically , this whole thread was started by the death of W9ZUC, who
apparently was free climbing and might be alive today if he had some
connection to his tower.  What better evidence do we need of the threats
involved?

Regarding the BS about safety equipment getting in your way - learn how to
use it.

If you want to free-climb, have fun, but I wish you wouldn't promote this
dangerous approach for climbing to others.

Bob