[TowerTalk] WD-40

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Mon Apr 13 10:44:33 EDT 2015

You don't want to breathe most chemicals and solvents like acetone is
one to avoid breathing a lot of.  That said, ACETONE is the main
ingredient in fingernail polish remover which can be had with or without
oil included.  The oil free version is basically acetone and will
"degrease" your fingertips. The "with oil" version doesn't dry your skin
so much.

You should avoid breathing just about anything that comes in an aerosol
can or that is highly volatile (like acetone.)  Other than not breathing
a lot of the fumes there are no particular caveats of which I am aware
to making, storing, or using the ATF/acetone mix. I wouldn't try to
store it in a plastic container as it might soften/leak.

My best guess is that using/storing the ATF-acetone mix is no more
dangerous than storing/using fingernail polish remover.

Patrick    NJ5G