[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Near Field Lightning Damage

Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Tue Apr 21 23:11:26 EDT 2015

Patrick,

You must be a lucky guy or be living in a no or low lightning zone. I can't count the number of CB radios my friends (I never owned a CB radio for some reason) had to repair/replace due to indirect lightning strikes and in a few cases direct hit on the CB antennas. I also have a few SWR bridges where the reflect diode burnt out from lightning induced power.

Hans - N2JFS