[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, choke / balun design needed

Earl Morse kz8e at wt.net
Mon Apr 27 13:13:10 EDT 2015

Check out W8JI

http://www.w8ji.com/windom_off_center_fed.htm

Most of the OCF designs seem to be a compromise to get a multiband antenna with a single feed and no tuner.

If you are going to go with OCF for just 30M only you could optimize your balun for best match at 10 MHz rather than choosing a design that is good from 1.5 MHz to 30 MHz.

Once you figure out the OCF dimensions and know the feed point impedance for the antenna that you put up on 10 MHz then design the balun for that frequency/impedance and your desired power handling capability.  Baluns get a little harder to design when they have to cover wide frequency ranges but are pretty straight forward at smaller ranges of frequency.

Earl
N8SS

Message: 3