[TowerTalk] G5RV vs 40M dipole

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Tue Apr 28 13:00:02 EDT 2015

I still think if you have room for a 105 foot antenna, it's way better
to put it up as a dipole and feed it with twin lead.  There is nothing
magical about a G5RV except on 20 meters.  On other bands it is just
some wire that you force RF into with a tuner.   I can do that with my
80 meter dipole on any band.

I've seen glowing reviews of an AEA Isoloop :-)  73
Tom W7WHY