[TowerTalk] LMR600 up to the top of tower ?

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Aug 1 09:31:34 EDT 2015

I like the looks of those connectors, except for the nickle plating
which rapidly turns a bluish green if not weatherproofed, even for a
week or so.  I'd expect that from silver which gets a white, powder like
coating.  Normally I weatherproof even temporary connections.

BTW, those crimp connectors are rated at greater than an 80# pull and
have the captive center pin.  That means a connector could easily
support a 200ft vertical run. I don't think clamp type are near that.
I wonder how that captive center pin in PTFE  would hold as Teflon cold
flows.

73,

Roger  (K8RI)

>>> K6UJ