[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: LMR600 up to the top of tower ?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 1 10:16:23 EDT 2015

I second Roger's comment.  Coax I removed from a large stack were 7/8
hardline to LMR600UF swing arm loops, and the 600 was in bad shape after
7 years.  Several cuts, one complete tear of the braid, water inside.
I'm using Buryflex service loops and with 7/8 LDF5 for 20/15/10 and 1/2
LDF4 80 & 40  have less than 0.8db loss Yagi feedpoint to amp on all
bands.  Buryflex is very tough stuff and flexible enough for service
loops.  With the long runs (140' tower, 125' to shack) in hardline the
slight additional loss for the short service loop is within the loss
budget.

Grant KZ1W