[TowerTalk] Shorty Forty Hose Clamp thread

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Thu Aug 13 09:40:26 EDT 2015

Jim,
How many SS hose clamps have you stripped?  I stripped too many because I
could not get the clamp tight enough to prevent the smaller element from
turning inside the larger.  I also found that with more penetrox applied, a
tighter hose clamp is required.  So my experience differs from yours.

So torque your gear clamp to the max spec and the smaller element still
turns inside the larger.  Common sense would tell you to tighten that clamp
further, possibly stripping it, unless you lubricate it.

You have seen my antennas; are there antenna elements falling off
everywhere?

Doug

I wasn't born in Saskatchewan, but I got here as soon as I could.