[TowerTalk] refurbing a Cushcraft 40-2CD

Tom_N2SR tom_n2sr at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 16 14:12:36 EDT 2015

I am planning to refurbish an older Cushcraft 40-2CD that I purchased used many years ago with the intention of installing it on my tower.   Since I have a F12 240N up now, I have no reason to keep so, so I plan to refurb it and sell it.

As is typical of them, the driven element end of the boom is crushed.   Since Cushcraft/MFJ does not actually make this version anymore, how do I get parts for it?  I have looked and compared the 40-2CD manual and the XM-240 manual side by side, and the end boom sections are different diameters.   Would buying the XM-240 end boom section and the 12" long coupler work?

Is there another source of the boom material outside of Cushcraft?

Thanks for any input.
Tom, N2SR