[TowerTalk] Crimping/swaging

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Tue Aug 18 11:49:32 EDT 2015

Thanks for the info, Wilson.   I have never installed crimp-on cable
fittings before , always having it done at a rigging shop for Nicopress
or otherwise. I use crimp-on splices for joining barbed wire with
similar fittings and tools but with less than 100% satisfaction.

I have a 20 ton hydraulic press that I have upgraded from a manual lever
pump to an air over hydraulic arrangement which gives me precise and
effortless  function and control.  I would be interested in knowing if
dies for the kind of crimps you are using are available that I could use
in conjunction with my press to do the crimping.

Patrick         NJ5G