[TowerTalk] Guying a vertical...???

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Aug 28 18:08:42 EDT 2015

On 8/28/2015 2:36 PM, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:

> I use a Lexan disk, or ring cut with two hole saws. (Do the larger
> diameter first <:-) Then I drilled 3 holes at 120 deg large enough for

Alternately, for 1 1/2 inch tubing:  Cut 3 inches of 1 1/2 inch
ABS or PVC schedule 40 pipe, and slit it once lengthwise.  Slip
it over the tubing until is just below where you want to guy, and
hold it in place with a hose clamp.  Next, get a 1 1/2 inch to 2
inch ABS plumbing adapter.  Drill 3 holes around the 2 inch portion
of the adapter for the guy ropes.  Drop the adapter down on top
of the clamped section of pipe with the guy rope holes facing
up.

Rick N6RK