[TowerTalk] WTB 5 band yagi

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Aug 29 00:16:29 EDT 2015

On Fri,8/28/2015 8:04 PM, Tom Horton wrote:
> It cannot be a monster antenna because I don't have a whole lot of room between my neighbor and me...30 feet maximum.If you have something that fits this bill please let me know price and condition.

I have nothing to sell, but I strongly recommend the straight 3- and
4-el SteppIR Yagis. Their electrical and mechanical design is quite
mature, they are of quite reasonable siza, and the fact that their
design is optimized for each operating frequency and that there are no
traps makes them great performers. I have the 3-el, not enough room to
turn the 4-el.

Not cheap, but one strong man on the tower can handle the 3-el, which
reduces installation cost; I don't know about the 4-el. Note that I'm
specifically talking about the straight element Yagis for 20-6M. And by
all means order the fixed 6M element, which adds a dB or two.

73, Jim K9YC