[TowerTalk] WTB 5 band yagi

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Sat Aug 29 11:25:54 EDT 2015

Hi Tom, have you considered using a Hex Beam? There are two full sized
elements on five bands, 20, 17,15, 12 and 10m. There are no traps and they  are
very broad band compared to typical trap type antennas.

There are not three elements like you said but with two full sized
elements has similar or greater gain than three element trap type  beams. Turning
radius is only 11 ft so it meets your size requirements

The Tex Hex model we sell has improved robustness and can mount on a 2"
mast, unlike other brands. Also unlike other brands, the Tex Hex can be
supplied  with an optional mast extension to mount a vhf/uhf antenna above the HF
elements. We don't need it in Texas but there is an ice kit available that
doubles the number of spreader support cables.

The Tex Hex is manufactured in Richardson TX which is just down the road a
few miles. That eliminates inbound shipping charges and reduces the selling
 price to only $629.

The only down side that I see is these antennas look "different" than the
old style beams and some folks think they are not "pretty". I personally
think  they look great.

73,
Gerald K5GW
GM Texas Towers

In a message dated 8/28/2015 10:05:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time,