[TowerTalk] T2X rotor for DB-36?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Aug 29 10:12:10 EDT 2015

On 8/28/2015 11:32 PM, Jeff AC0C wrote:

> The DB-36 is not a small nor light antenna, 160 pounds and a 26-foot
> turning radius equates to 4,160 foot-pounds on the rotator, about 1,000
> foot-pounds more than the spex on the T2X suggest.
>
> 73, kelly
> ve4xt

Are you calculating the K-factor here?  I thought that the radius
to use was the one associated with an equivalent point mass having
the same moment.  This radius would be considerably less than the
turning radius.  Can someone clarify this?

In any event, I agree with the unsuitability of the T2X.  When
selecting a rotor, ask yourself:  "how much trouble is it going
to be to rep;ace it?".

Rick N6RK