[TowerTalk] Can?t add egg insulator...

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 12:01:06 EST 2015

Here is what Rohn said in a 1980 catalog:

25G can survive with 33 ft maximum height above a well placed bracket with
a 2 sq ft antenna and 70 mph wind. This configuration is intended to be
used  with tv antennas, not with the larger antennas used by us.

Going through the published numbers, by the time the wind reaches 90 mph,
the tower is about 10% beyond survival ratings with no antenna load at  all.

Guy wires are our friends!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 12/14/2015 10:28:09 A.M. Central Standard Time,