[TowerTalk] Can?t add egg insulator...

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Mon Dec 14 11:12:15 EST 2015

On 12/14/2015 09:49 AM, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:
> I thought that you could safely put 30 feet of Rohn 25 un guy above a
> good house or side building bracket.  That is what I use here for an
> 10/12/ and six meter tower but to get to 60' I have a set of Phillystran
> guys at the rotor plate.  The house bracket is in to 2X6 and they are
> back by a long 1 X4 .of treated lumber with over sized washers and nuts.

The old Rohn catalogs say yes, but I think only meant for very small
antennas. I have seen too many towers that were bracketed or guyed
with one or more section joints above the top support with
elongated/worn holes from wind stresses. Not that they were in any
danger of failing and crashing down, but having seen that several
times I wouldn't install one that way because I wouldn't want to
damage the sections.

Paul