[TowerTalk] Rope/Guying

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Dec 30 09:58:48 EST 2015

I figured that was why you mentioned Duct Tape.  I don't like nylon
because of the extreme stretch when new.  I used to use it to guy 33'
tall verticals made of 1.5" steel TV masting.  If I just tied them on
and pulled the guys tight, the masts would be almost laid over on the
ground.  Tighten them back up with the mast vertical  and they would be
leaning 3 or 4 feet the next day, but after 3 or 4 days, the Nylon was
no longer stretchy. It was stiff and rough, but tough.  I'd have a pair
with half wave spacing, with two figure 8 patterns until time to fit the
fields the next spring.

73

Roger (K8RI)