[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fast, cheap, and or good... Pick two.

Matthew King - KK4CPS KK4CPS at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 18:24:53 EST 2015

To this reasonably new ham (2011), it looks like the antenna would be the
"rotor" and the thing that spins it would be the "rotator." Hy-Gain and
Yaesu seem to agree on their websites, as they call the devices that turn
antennas "rotators."  Maybe they've always been that way?

Just a thought....

Matt King
KK4CPS

ro·tor
ˈrōdər/
*noun*

   1. a rotary part of a machine or vehicle, in particular:
   - a hub with a number of radiating airfoils that is rotated in an
      approximately horizontal plane to provide the lift for a rotary-wing
      aircraft.
      - the rotating assembly in a turbine, especially a wind turbine.

ro·ta·tor
ˈrōˌtātər/
*noun*

   1. *a thing that rotates or that causes something to rotate.*
   - ANATOMY
      a muscle whose contraction causes or assists in the rotation of a
      part of the body.