[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fast, cheap, and or good... Pick two.

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sun Jan 4 10:43:25 EST 2015

Hans, There is merit to the info provided re rotor-rotator.  I think it
borrows from the use of rotor vs stator as in an alternator or motor.
There is merit to the idea that a rotator is something that rotates or
rotates another object but ditto rotor.

Maybe I was being too old fashioned.  I never heard the term rotator
applied to rotating a TV antenna, but instead always heard rotor. Hmmm
maybe there should have been Alliance Tenna Rotator vice Tenna Rotor. ;) ;)

I guess we'll have to "train" our spell checkers.

My current take is that both communicate unambiguously in our context.
I prefer to follow the "typesetter's rule" the one using the least
printer's ink is the correct one. ;)  ;)

Best to you this New Year and to your electronic antenna positioning system!

Patrick     NJ5G