[TowerTalk] Tower Installtion Question

Big Don bigdon39 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 12:15:38 EST 2015

Typical antenna survival ratings are way less - 402CD, 80mph -- 34XA,
100mph. Even if the tower is good for 130mph, the real hazard could well be
the shrapnel from disintegrating antennas blowing around the neighborhood.
That stuff blows all over while towers fall generally in one piece close to
home. Apparently, the planning folks don't worry about that.

You could easily get skewered, a block away, by a section of trombone from
a blown Steppir (100mph rating)....

73, Don  N7EF