[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G tower permitting...

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 29 18:14:17 EST 2015

On 1/29/15 8:55 AM, bcarling at cfl.rr.com wrote:
> UPDATE and QUESTIONS

> Is there anyone who can help me come up with engineering calculations and drawings that
> will satisfy my local city permitting people?
>
> I presume the task will be easaier  now that we have some known factors and characteristics
> of the materials. My son is an architect and can do the drawings, and he knows a structiural
> engineer who might possibly be willing to help with the calculations. Am I heading in the right
> direction here?

That *is* the direction...
your permitting folks just want to have numbers expressed in a way that
is familiar to them, and your engineer can put them in a way that makes
sense.

It's not that hard, but it does require some specialized knowledge, and
to know when you're doing what the manufacturer intended, and when
you're straying into an unknown area.  It's the latter that takes time
and effort, because it becomes less cookbook.