[TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna

Don w7wll at arrl.net
Fri Jan 30 22:24:01 EST 2015

With a few hundred thousand acres of National Forest behind me I have the
opportunity to put up an almost unlimited length Beverage ranging from about
10 degrees through 170 degrees (basically easterly). My concern is what
several have expressed, some animal pulling down wire with whatever.  Here
it is elk and deer that is my concern. The elk can make my S acre look like
the receiving end of an artillary barrage.  What is the height limit for a
Beverage - in short, can I put it at a height that clears the elk racks and
still have it be efficient? I ask because 1) I've not done a lot of
sleuthing or reading yet on Beverage's and 2) it seems like most of the
dialogue revolves around low heights use.

Hope to learn more about this antenna from this thread.

Don W7WLL