[TowerTalk] LMR-600: Crimp or Clamp Connectors?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Jun 4 09:19:46 EDT 2015

I am not familiar with this cable, can it run directly to the antenna or
do you need a different cable for the rotator loop?

John KK9A

To:	Towertalk <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject:	[TowerTalk] LMR-600: Crimp or Clamp Connectors?
From:	Richard Thorne <rthorne at rthorne.net>
Date:	Thu, 04 Jun 2015 06:28:41 -0500

I'm going to replace all of the RG213 coax on my current tower with
LMR-600. I've been researching connectors.

Looks like there are two varieties, crimp and clamp connectors. After
watching a few you tube videos of the installation process of both, I'm
leaning towards the crimp type. It does require a good crimp tool, but it
looks a little more robust than the clamp variety.

Any opinions out there if one is better than the other?

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC